In this guide, we’ll feature and compare the best hosting providers for the ARK game, along with tips and guidelines you should know.
Best ARK: SE Server Hosting Providers Compared
All the providers in this comparison table are great. We compared the best ones to make the choice easier for you. You can reorder the table to better compare them.
|Hosting Provider||30 Slots Monthly Pricing||100 Slots Monthly Pricing||24/7 Support||Mod/DLC Support||DDoS Protection||Server Locations||Supported Platforms||Voice Servers||Promo/Coupon|
|Host Havoc||$15||$30||US, UK, EU, AU, CA||PC||7% Lifetime Discount|
|Streamline Servers||$30||$100||US, UK, EU, AU, CA, AS||PC||15% lifetime discount|
|ZAP-Hosting||$25||$50||US, EU, CA, AU, AS||PC, Xbox, PS4||20% lifetime discount|
|LOW.MS||$12.30||$41||US, UK, EU, AU, AS||PC||20% Discount|
|Shockbyte||$14.99||$49.99||US, EU, AS||PC||25% One-Time Discount|
|ScalaCube||$25||$46||US, EU, UK, AS||PC||N/A|
|EUGameHost||$10.30||$35||US, UK, EU, CA||PC||N/A|
|GTXGaming||$29||$58||US, UK, EU, AU, CA, AS||PC||N/A|
|Pingperfect||$20.59||$65.89||US, UK, EU, AU, CA, RU||PC||N/A|
|ServerBlend||$18||$35||US, UK, EU, AU, CA||PC||10% Off The First Month|
|Survival Servers||$24||$45.36||US, EU, AS||PC, PS4||20% off|
|Nitrado||$27.60||$77||US, UK, EU, AU, CA||PC. PS4, Mobile||15% off|
Benefits of Using ARK Server Hosting
There are numerous reasons why you should get your own ARK server. Here are the top ones:
- Full control. You get full control over the game’s settings, who can join, who gets kicked, and everything else related to the ARK server. Having full control over the game you’re playing is a big plus.
- Always online. When you’re playing ARK on a server, it means that the server itself (the game) will always be online, 24/7. This is great if there are multiple players online in different time zones, aside from other advantages over hosting the game on your PC.
- Server locations – reduced lag. If you get to choose the location of the server you’re playing ARK on, it means that you will have less latency/lag, which is a huge plus!
How to Choose The Best ARK Server Hosting Provider
There are many points to look out for when choosing the best ARK hosting provider. Here are the most important ones:
- DDoS protection. Unfortunately, a lot of game servers get DDoS attacks, which is why it’s one of the most important features a game server hosting provider should have.
- Mod support. Check if the hosting provider supports adding and using mods on your ARK server. If you plan on using a mod, this feature is a must-have.
- Cluster support. Aside from mod support, if you want to have different ARK worlds on multiple servers you can hop over to, then check if the hosting providers support clustering ARK servers. This is not a must-have, but it’s a plus if you plan on doing this.
- A control panel. This is not a must-have, but it’s definitely a plus if you have it. If the hosting provider has their own control panel for ARK servers, it makes the job of maintaining and tweaking the server a lot easier if it’s through a control panel, rather than doing everything manually.
- Platform options. Make sure the hosting provider you plan on getting an ARK server from supports the platform you want to use (Xbox, PC, PS4)
- Available slots. This is not really a “feature”, but more of a thing you must look out for. Make sure the plan you’re buying has enough player slots for everyone you plan on joining.
- Great hardware. Great hardware is a must. SSD is a must, avoid ARK servers that run on HDD at all costs.
- Server locations. A hosting provider that has a server location that’s closest to you will have an advantage over other providers that don’t. Always look for server locations that are as close to you as possible for better latency.
- Updates. If they are automatic, then great. If not, make sure the host offers an easy solution to updating your ARK server. In most cases, it can be done with a single click. In some cases the updates are automatic. Another thing to look out for.
- Backups. Similar to updates, they can be automatic or manual. In most cases they are automatic, but in some cases, you may need to manually take backups. Watch out for paid addons, as backups might be a paid addon at some providers.
- And more. Stuff like checking reviews, uptime, pricing, whether they are new or not, etc. All of those guidelines apply to any kind of host, including ARK server hosts. You can learn more about them in our How To Choose a Web Host Guide.
FAQs About ARK Server Hosting
Here are some frequently asked questions (with answers) about ARK server hosting:
What is ARK: Survival Evolved
ARK is a survival game released in 2017, and it’s still popular and actively played.
Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate… and escape!
Can you play ARK offline?
Yes, you can! But it’s more fun when it’s played with others, especially friends. This is why you’d want your own ARK server.
Can you host your own ARK server?
Yes, you can host an ARK server from your own PC, but this requires a lot of configuration, setting things up, maintenance, and it’s too much hassle when you have other, cheap, 24/7 ARK server options.