HostZealot is a hosting provider that started in 2009, offering VPS, Dedicated, and shared hosting services. This is our detailed review and benchmark of HostZealot.
With more than 13 years of experience, HostZealot has been providing quality web hosting services with 24/7 support to their customers at an affordable price. The company itself is registered in Bulgaria, a popular country for web hosting providers, they offer servers out of data centers from all around the world.
One of the best things about HostZealot is that they have many server locations to choose from:
- Chicago, USA
- London, UK
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Toronto, Canada
- Hong Kong
- Seattle, USA
- Ashburn, USA
- Limassol, Cyprus
- Moscow, Russia
- Dallas, USA
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Warsaw, Poland
- Tel Aviv, Israel
You can find a great fit for a location considering they have options all around the world.
One of the main features of any hosting provider – their support. HostZealot offers 24/7 support which is quick to respond and resolve any issues. Their support is bi-lingual (English and Russian) which is rare these days.
You can get support via:
- Live chat
HostZealot has various hosting plans to choose from, making it easy to find a good fit for any hosting needs:
- Shared web hosting – starting at $1 per month
- VPS hosting – starting at $5.99 per month
- Colocation – starting at $35 per month
- Dedicated servers – starting at $41 per month
They also offer domains and SSL certificates.
You can choose from Windows or Linux servers, NVMe or SSD servers.
We tested their zKVM 2048 VPS plan. Ran a nench benchmark. Here are the results:
------------------------------------------------- nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh benchmark timestamp: 2022-01-08 15:24:09 UTC ------------------------------------------------- Processor: Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX, IBRS) CPU cores: 4 Frequency: 2399.996 MHz RAM: 1.9Gi Swap: 4.0Gi Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-92-generic x86_64 Disks: vda 30G HDD CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB 3.928 seconds CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB 6.113 seconds CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB 1.863 seconds ioping: seek rate min/avg/max/mdev = 67.9 us / 90.4 us / 10.5 ms / 66.7 us ioping: sequential read speed generated 21.0 k requests in 5.00 s, 5.12 GiB, 4.20 k iops, 1.02 GiB/s dd: sequential write speed 1st run: 408.17 MiB/s 2nd run: 953.67 MiB/s 3rd run: 730.51 MiB/s average: 697.45 MiB/s IPv4 speedtests your IPv4: 8.39.147.xxxx Cachefly CDN: 86.96 MiB/s Leaseweb (NL): 13.62 MiB/s Softlayer DAL (US): 47.31 MiB/s Online.net (FR): 23.06 MiB/s OVH BHS (CA): 70.32 MiB/s IPv6 speedtests your IPv6: 2a01:8640:5:xxxx Leaseweb (NL): 12.86 MiB/s Softlayer DAL (US): 37.91 MiB/s Online.net (FR): 10.76 MiB/s OVH BHS (CA): 64.72 MiB/s -------------------------------------------------
The benchmark showed great results, but we encourage you to try them out yourself.
Other notable HostZealot features
Here are some of the other notable features that are worth mentioning:
- You can join multiple servers from the same location into a common traffic pool for free.
- IPv6 is supported – you can instantly use it with reverse DNS after server activation.
- Get a discount with longer billing cycles. You can get a discount if you pay for more than 3 months, or even get a free domain with yearly contracts. A monthly option is always available though.
Server Management at HostZealot
All servers are self-managed by default, however, there is a server management addon that you can buy with their servers.
- Basic Management (+ Proactive Monitoring, OS/Kernel&Security updates) – $25.00 USD
- Advanced Management (+ Custom Software Setup) – $49.00 USD
If you consider their cheap pricing + the management, they’re comparable to other cheap managed VPS providers too. It may not be worth buying the management addon for the cheapest plans though.
What we don’t like about HostZealot
Most of the features are pretty good. Here’s what we don’t like about HostZealot:
- The server management addons can be quite expensive if you use them for cheaper VPS plans. It might be more cost-effective to use different, specialized fully managed VPS providers if you’re looking for a cheaper managed VPS plan. Their default plans without the addon are pretty cheap though.
- Not a lot of information is available about the company itself – other than when they were registered and where.
Conclusion on our HostZealot review
All in all, they are a great choice. They are affordable, with 24/7 support, various hosting plans to choose from, and many server locations – so it’s always a great option for any type of hosting needs.