About 15,174 businesses worldwide accept Bitcoin. Of these, around 2,300 of those businesses are operating in the US. One of the primary reasons businesses have started accepting bitcoin as payment is its inability to reverse transactions, lower fees compared to credit and debit cards and real-time bank balance. Moreover, the process of setting up the system is relatively simple.
Web hosting providers keep coming up with new features and since Bitcoin has grown in popularity as a secure form of payment, many companies have begun accepting cryptocurrency in exchange for the service they offer.
While there are web hosting providers that accept bitcoin, you first need to buy bitcoin. So let’s look at ways to buy bitcoin.
Best way to buy Bitcoin
Several financial apps or companies make it easy to buy or sell bitcoins directly. MoonPay is one good example that helps you buy Bitcoins. After purchase, you can either store, sell, swap, donate, or spend it to buy a service from a business that accepts bitcoin.
If you want to pick up a few bitcoins without any direct commission, go for trading apps. Apps like Robinhood are perfect for buying bitcoins with no direct commission, although you’ll end up making up for it with a spread markup.
Several traditional brokers have also ventured into the cryptocurrency domain. Reach out to a brokerage firm that offers bitcoin-buying services.
Another option to buy bitcoin is directly from a Bitcoin ATM. However, you’ll pay much more commissions than buying it any other way. Some ATMs may also allow you to sell bitcoins through a debit or credit card. However, you may require a bitcoin wallet to make the transaction.
Once you buy bitcoins, you can invest them in services. Let’s look at the eight best bitcoin-accepting web hosting providers.
Hawk Host, a Bitcoin-accepting web hosting provider, was started in 2004 as Devoted Post and was rebranded as Hawk Host in 2008. The web hosting provider offers services such as shared hosting, reseller hosting, domain name registrations, and virtual hosting in cities including Los Angeles, New York, Amsterdam, NL, Hong Kong, Dallas, and Toronto, CA.
The primary benefit of this provider is that its servers repair themselves automatically when a problem arises. You can cost your website on Hawk Host for prices as low as 2.40 dollars a month. One can purchase their services monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
We’ve already featured and recommended Hawk Host throughout our site.
Features of Hawk Host
- Provides 24/7 customer support via a ticket generation system
- Offers free migration facility
- Offers SSD storage
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- 1GB network ports
Hostinger is another popular web services company developed in 2004 and headquartered in Kaunas, Lithuania. The hosting platform has over 20 million users across more than 178 countries. It offers services such as shared hosting and some affordable business plans starting with prices as low as 0.80 dollars a month. It is known for its cheap but fast web hosting services.
One of the primary benefits of Hostinger is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for beginners.
You can read our detailed review of Hostinger here.
Features of Hostinger
- Offers free SSL certificate
- Provides free domain name with many web hosting plans
- It gives open data backup and SSD
- One-month money-back policy
- 24/7 customer support
- Seamless website migration for users to quickly move to a new platform
- Affordable domain name
- Website builder for free
- Allows purchase of domain privacy
- Quick servers
- Clients can lock hosting web price for a lifetime
WebHostingPad functions in eight data centers across the globe and is still continuing to grow. The company offers several hosting types such as shared email, and VPS hosting, but it doesn’t include dedicated hosting services. This makes it unsuitable for larger businesses.
Read our detailed review of WebHostingPad here.
Features of WebhostingPad
- Offers up to 100GB space
- Safe online transactions
- SSL certificates
- 24/7 customer support
- Built-in transport antivirus
- Provides budget-friendly plans
- Offers good AdWords program for various businesses
- High level of anonymity
- Accepts cryptocurrency
Shinjiru is a Malaysia-based offshore hosting provider that was developed in 2000 and presently has over 40,000 users. The platform offers VPS hosting, bitcoin hosting, private email hosting, and all other tools you may need to secure your identity. The platform has recently started accepting bitcoin as a payment system for its services.
Features of Shinjiru
- It offers 24/7 customer support along with video tutorials and live chat with the support team
- Offers free website builder
- Seamless site transfer
- Free domain name registration
- Free and fast setup
- Ensures compatibility with multiple platforms
- Company performs frequent backups
- 30-day money-back guarantee if the customer isn’t satisfied
- Enables free and seamless site migrations
HosterBox is a Canada-based company that is functional in over 170 countries across the globe. It was developed in 2005, but it had some hosting history dating back to the late 1990s. The website uses English but can be displayed in 25 other languages. The platform offers premium web hosting services such as VPS, dedicated server offerings, and shared hosting.
Features of HosterBox
- 24/7 customer support
- Offers users a guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- It gives a redundant and fast connection
- Provides a variety of payments
- One-month money-back guarantee for reseller hosting plans
- Dedicated server and VPS customers get complete control over their hosting environment
As the name suggests, this web hosting provider is primarily designed for Bitcoin transactions. Moreover, it is an offshore web hosting provider with a more flexible content policy that doesn’t go against a first-world democratic country’s laws. This platform is handy for people who wish to promote content that may be prohibited in their country.
If privacy or anonymity is of utmost importance, go for this web hosting provider.
Features of Bitcoin Web Hosting
- Offers up to 99.9% network uptime guarantee
- Single-click installation
- Dedicated IP
- Offers cPanel hosting
- Payment plans are flexible
- Multiple payment methods
- Free domain name registration
- 24/7 customer support throughout the year
Hefieced was developed in 2008 to streamline how customers think about IP addresses and hosting. It was then changed to Host1Plus. It is one of the few platforms to accept over 50 different cryptocurrencies. This is, however, not suitable for beginners since users of Heficed need thorough knowledge of server administration and command-line modules.
Moreover, the provider charges too much money for customer support, making it unsuitable for beginners. One of the primary benefits of this provider is it allows users to customize their cloud server as per their needs.
Features of Hefieced
- Offers access to several functions including remote console, IP resource management, rescue mode, and robot.
- Allows fool root access
- Most secure company data
- Enables users to use the custom ISO or to choose from pre-installed applications and templates
- Offers advanced IP infrastructure
- Users are free to add and scale up resources
- Users can have complete control over their web hosting environment
Namecheap, founded in 2000, has over a million users and offers up to 99.9% uptime for each month in the calendar. It started accepting bitcoin as a payment method in 2013. Besides offering affordable web hosting services, it is also the cheapest domain name registrar. One can purchase domain names from this platform for as low as 0.88 dollars a month.
Read our detailed Namecheap review here.
Features of Namecheap
- 24/7 customer support
- Affordable domain names
- Free website builder
- Positive SSL certificates
- User-friendly interface
- Money-back guarantee if the customer is unsatisfied
- Safe and secure site-managing activities
- Windows and Linux hosting
BitLaunch is a cloud server hosting provider that offers servers from themselves, Vultr, DigitalOcean, and Linode. Essentially, with BitLaunch, you can use cryptocurrencies to pay for servers by Vultr and other popular cloud server providers.
Read our detailed BitLaunch review here.
Features of BitLaunch
- Hourly billing – an essential and very useful feature, especially when it comes to anonymous VPS hosting
- Low pricing – compared to other similar hosting providers, their pricing is pretty low
- DDoS protection – 500gbit+/sec DDoS-protected reverse proxy server and firewall in front of your server
- Developer tools – API, and blcli – a command-line tool you can use to interact with your servers
- 1-click installs – deploy a server with a single click with OpenVPN, WireGuardVPN, WordPress, Shadowsocks, or LEMP pre installed. If you use Vultr or DigitalOcean, there are more options to choose from, like cPanel, Docker, Minecraft, etc.
- Enterprise-grade hardware – so you get the speed and efficiency you need
- Free trial – it’s always best to research, read reviews, and actually test their servers out before committing to anything
- Ease of use – you can deploy servers in seconds with their easy to use dashboard
VPSBG.eu is a hosting provider launched in 2013 based in Sofia, Bulgaria. They offer Shared, VPS, and Dedicated server hosting services. Read our review here.
Features of VPSBG.eu
- They accept cryptocurrencies. You can use Bitcoin or Litecoin to pay for their services. These days, it’s a rarity to find a web hosting provider that accepts crypto that has been in business for more than 2 years. They’ve been accepting crypto from the start.
- DMCA requests are ignored and TOR exit nodes are allowed. One of the upsides to their servers and company being based in Bulgaria is that DMCA requests are ignored. However, Bulgarian copyright law is still followed. This, along with them accepting crypto is the perfect combination if you’re looking for privacy and security.
- Servers powered by AMD EPYC and NVMe. There are tons of advantages of using AMD vs Intel when it comes to servers, and their servers are powered by AMD EPYC, which is another reason why they’re a great choice. They were one of the first hosting providers to use AMD EPYC for their servers.
- They’re cheap and affordable. Even without a discount. They offer pricing you can’t beat considering their features and reliability.
While optimal network uptime, round-the-clock customer support, and a user-friendly interface are crucial to any business, ensure you choose a platform with privacy features. When transacting with Bitcoin, privacy is of utmost importance. Go for a company that has invested in protecting its users’ identities.
Many users leave reviews on the web hosting provider’s websites. Going through these reviews will help you decide whether to go with it. Price and payment methods also play a crucial role in choosing a web hosting company. Think through your requirements and then select the company.